Saturday, June 20, 2009

Gah, Finally!

Basic resume and basic cover letter? CHECK. And, just as I suspected, they really didn't take that long to do. And my sister helped me word things because I was having vocabulary issues today. And wanted to get the resume out today for UI claim purposes.

So! I applied for a job at my university. It'd be a pretty silly position for me to have, but I think I could have a blast with it. I also applied at a medical office that's only a couple blocks from where I live. Just think...I could run home for lunch. I'd save stupid amounts of money! Whoever wrote the job posting had fun with it and I feel as though I meet the qualifications remarkably well. One strange thing was that the job listing asked for a resume and wage requirements. Wacky. I think I did an okay job wording that business in the cover letter. But, man, is that awkward.

Okay, so fingers crossed on those! I think both could be good.

Done:
-simple resume
-simple cover letter

To do:
-work with (former) boss on epic comprehensive resume
-clean my apartment (yeah, still haven't done that. and it's a good idea as I've been spending ages in it.)
-buy groceries
-go out less often for meals. it's fun, but not practical with my current finances.

1 comment: