Thursday, July 23, 2009

Randomly Selected

I came home from a lovely afternoon with my sister and opened my mailbox. Waiting for me was a letter from the Employment Security Department.

Great.

I've been randomly selected to meet with a job guru to discuss my job search thus far.

Damn.

I believe that this service is very valuable, and I'm glad it exists. But this whole bussing-to-this-random-other-neighborhood thing is really effing inconvenient. I've been informed that this meeting will last anywhere from a half hour to ninety minutes. So in LESS THAN A WEEK I'm going to have to get up and hang out until I'm ready for breakfast (I rarely eat first thing after I wake), eat breakfast, get ready, get downtown in time to catch a bus, ride a bus in hot summer to another neighborhood, maybe nest to a leering homeless guy (just like the last time I had to go to this place), meet with someone, wait around for another bus to get back downtown, and then walk back to my neighborhood. This is seriously aggravating.

Plus side, I may get to see my friend who works across the street from this place.

But come on. Jerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment