Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fingers Crossed!




I went camping last weekend and when I talked to my dad on the phone after returning home after 14 hours in the wild he asked if I wanted to go to my parents' house for a night or two. I didn't feel like thinking about cooking dinner or lugging laundry down to the basement, so I took him up on the offer.

I spent a couple awesome days with the parents and when I checked my email on Monday afternoon I saw that I'd gotten a message from the woman who'd contacted me about my most recent interview. We swapped a couple emails and I called my dad to tell him I had to get back to the city that night so I could get a good night's sleep for INTERVIEW NUMBER TWO!

I got to the office and it still feels good walking in there. I think that if they hire me (knock on wood!) I could have a good time there. I met with one of the admins who's been there almost ten years and she didn't mince words at all. I then met with both the CFO and COO. These guys were no nonsense and really nice. The COO was the first of all the people I'd talked to there (six of them!) who asked me about my hobbies and life out of the office. He definitely wasn't expecting to hear me talk about going to the Opera and Symphony.

I gave them a list of my references and left feeling pretty good. I was told I'd hear from them in a few days and it's been a few days, but I'm guessing I'll hear from them this week.

Gah, I really want to go back to work and this company seems really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment